We want the Vrahode Game System to give everyone the tools they need to create compelling stories, maximize replayability and make each quest dynamic. It gives our writers – and ultimately content creators – many ways to customize our encounter maps. This is why we offer a robust token set to modify the terrain, as well as the Harbinger 3D Terrain System, which allows you to create up to 5-level deep dungeons.
We also provide a Terrain Miniatures Set. That’s what we’re going to talk about today.
The Terrain Miniatures Set is made up of select items that we felt would benefit the game system most and in quantities that we felt would make storytelling fun and easy!
What’s in the terrain set?
The following miniatures are included in the set:
- Well mini (1) – a story element that can lead to Underland adventure
- Campfire mini (2) – a story element for setting up camp and changing to Rest Mode
- Tree trunk (6) – a 3D way to show where full or partial trunks are located
- Boulders (6) – an easy way to create impassable areas
- Portals (4) – a story telling tool for rapid transportation between two points
- Fountain (2) – a story telling element where water, precious potions or vile poisons may reside
- Short (2”) stone wall (6) – a simple way to force modified movement around the battlefield
- Long (4”) stone wall (6) – a simple way to force modified movement around the battlefield
- Mountain/Mine Quest Marker (1) – a way to mark a single quest OR one of a quest chain
- Tree Quest Marker (1) – a way to mark a single quest OR one of a quest chain
- Obelisk Quest Marker (1) – a way to mark a single quest OR one of a quest chain
- Tower Quest Marker (1) – a way to mark a single quest OR one of a quest chain
- Boat body (1) – travel by ocean requires a boat, place the Calteeryn/Party banner into this to complete it and off you go to find your fortunes!
- Calteeryn/Party Banner and Boat Sail (1) – represents the entire party during Overland travel
- Single Operable Door (24)* – a functional 5’ wide doorway for Underland spaces
- Double Operable Door (6)* – a functional 10’ wide doorway for Underland spaces
*The only miniatures that are not included with the core box are some of the single and double door sets as they are not all needed for the core box but more so as the story unfolds and more dungeon encounter maps are introduced.
As you play through the game you will see how much variability can be added to the encounter maps through the use of the terrain minis, tokens, and the Harbinger System. We think you will enjoy a level of freedom not often seen in adventure and dungeon crawl board games!